I wanted to find a chicken wing recipe that had a different zing from traditional buffalo and made up this recipe with ingredients I had. And I wanted a baked version that didn’t require a lot of time to make.
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken wings, separated
- 1/2 cup low sodium teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed tangelo juice (I used 5 tangelos)
- 1 T garlic herb seasoning (I use a sodium/MSG free variety)
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- Mix together teriyaki sauce, tangelo juice, herb seasoning, and hot sauce.
- Let chicken marinade in this sauce in a 9 inch square glass baking dish in a single layer for at least 4 hours.
- Put chicken with marinade into oven and set oven to 325 degrees.
- When oven reaches 325, bake at least 1 hour, turning chicken every 15 minutes. The last 20 minutes, raise the temperature to 425 to brown them. Ten minutes before they are done, turn them to brown evenly.
- Serve hot.