I was flattered to be asked by Jane Doe to write a LinkedIn recommendation for her. She must pay attention to a broad range of people to ask me when we have never met, talked, or engaged one another in real life or on social media.
Frankly, I’m not sure whether she asked me to be a contact or I asked her. Nevertheless, I’m honored that she still thought enough of me to ask for the reference. Her work strengths that I can see:
- Attention to detail – there are no spelling, capitalization, or punctuation errors on her LinkedIn profile.
- Technical mastery – she is able to use social media templates – the request for my recommendation was the exact language of LinkedIn’s default recommendation request.
- Humility – Jane is glad to let others shine and not venture into the limelight. Indeed, she has never liked or shared any of my posts on LinkedIn.
- Unobtrusiveness – before this request, Jane has never messaged me or intruded on my time.
- Pleasant personality – she’s smiling in her profile photo. That must be a good sign.
Based upon these observations, I highly recommend Jane Doe as a pleasant LinkedIn contact who never gives you a headache, pesters you, or irritates you.
By the way – if you happen to see her, tell her to say hello when she sees me. I’m not sure I would recognize her.