If you want to succeed in business – or anything else – with a whole lot of trying, you’re going to need to get good rowers.
Your dream – your project – is a boat starting a journey across unknown seas. Carefully choose who rides in your boat. Who do you want?
- Rowers – people who roll up their sleeves, grab an oar, and get to work.
- Cheerleading rowers – people who row and encourage the team. Some sing, others joke, and they always inspire others to keep going.
- Analytical rowers – people who row but also think of ways to make the rowing go more efficiently so you’ll last for the duration.
- Navigating rowers – people who row and also navigate your position to help you stay focused on your destination so you don’t get off course.
Note who is not on the boat:
- Photo op rowers – those who show up for the photo op and then jump off your boat to swim towards the next greatest Twitpic.
- Talking rowers – those who talk more than they row or help anyone else
- Sinkers – those who envision holes and predict doom and gloom on a regular basis
Sometimes your top rowers will surprise you. Someone you thought would be your top rower never touches an oar and never utters an encouraging word. No harm, no foul. Let them choose other boats. You choose the right rowers and build your team.
You’ll pick the right team so you can reach your dream.