What happens when you cross Auntie Mame with Sister Mary Discipline and give her a husband, 2 teens, plus a family business?
You get a computer coach who has fun and gets things done. And then writes about it.
I love to help people with their computer software and to inspire them with my writing. This year, I wrote He Uses It For Good, my story about how 2nd chances and happy endings are possible, no matter how tough our beginnings. I blog, write news and magazine articles, and help companies with their public relations/marketing.
People sometimes ask me what I teach. They ask me to specialize – spreadsheets, databases, social media, or something else? I can’t answer with a simple sentence.
I teach people how to use computers to make their lives better. I teach them what they need to know, when they need to know it. Ten years ago, it was Access. Depending on your situation, it might be Excel. Or email management. Or social media.
I teach you how to use new tools so you can plow your own garden. Computer tools change. We none know what or how we will be using computers in 10 years. I do know that wherever they go, I’ll be right there, working to learn how to use them well so I can share that knowledge with my clients.
Learning to use new software is not always easy. Sometimes when I go into a new field, it feels like I’m sitting on a chair full of nails, hoping I don’t have a heart attack while I learn how to use the latest shiny new toy. How does that help my clients?
I know it’s stressful to learn something new. I will meet you where you are and help you get where you need to go.
Along the journey, I hope we’ll become partners and friends.
I live in Evansville, Indiana with my husband Richard, our 2 teens, 5 chickens, and 1 ornery cat. I bleed green with 4-H and love to cook, garden, write, and sing.
Disclosures and Relationships
- Corporate computer instructor for all sizes and types of companies for clients including Henderson Community College, the University of Evansville, @DanaMNelson, Henderson County Library, and the Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library. (15 years)
- Co-owner of the Copper Lion, Inc., providing digital graphic services to ad agencies and photographers nationwide. (10 years)
- Marketing and blogging consultant for Go Local Pros.
- Seller of children’s historic fiction one weekend yearly for Bethlehem Books.
- Mary Biever is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- 7 years of corporate office experience in the legal, healthcare, and education industries.
- Founding leader of the Vanderburgh County 4-H Tech Club. (volunteer)
- Vice President, Vanderburgh 4-H Leaders. (volunteer)
- Chair, Finance committee, Vanderburgh County 4-H Council. (volunteer)
- Business networking: Rainmakers, Networked for Growth, Powerhouse Business Connectors.
- Member: Holy Spirit Catholic Church, Tri-State Women, Evansville Girl Geeks, Ya-ya Extension Club.
- If I have a financial relationship with someone or some organization about whom I blog, I will disclose it in that blog. My opinions are my own, and they can’t be bought or sold for money; if I don’t like a product, I won’t write an approval of it.
- We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.
- If you have any questions feel free to contact me at mary [at] biever.com,